Seasonal Flu Vaccination Clinic
Influenza – flu – is a highly infectious and potentially serious illness caused by influenza viruses. Each year the make-up of the seasonal flu vaccine is designed to protect against the influenza viruses that the World Health Organization decide are most likely to be circulating in the coming winter.
Regular immunisation (vaccination) is given free of charge to the following at-risk people, to protect them from seasonal flu:
- people aged 65 or over,
- people with a serious medical condition
- people living in a residential or nursing home
- the main carers for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer becomes ill
- healthcare or social care professionals directly involved in patient care, and
- those who work in close contact with poultry, such as chickens.
- pregnant ladies
We still have some flu vaccinations left so if you haven't had one yet please telephone the surgery!